Tuesday 1 February 2011

50mcg two weeks on

Feel much more stable having come off the pill.  No further angina type pains so that may have been a red herring.  Am quite breathless though (when I think about it!).

I'm starting to find exercise is becoming a bit easier, the treadmill running is starting to improve and I'm sweating more in exercise.  (Something that hasn't happened for a very long time).

My eye dryness is improved and I find that wearing contact lenses no longer irritates my eyes.  My eyelashes are great and my lips are fuller too!!! Wow!

Fatigue-wise, I'm feeling quite well but still have days where I've lost my energy.  My feet and hands are still incredibly dry and if allowed to, I would sleep 24 hours non-stop!!!

I feel that perhaps increasing the dosage to 75 or 100mcg might do the trick.  I've had a blood test today and see the doctor on Friday next week. 

If my TSH is <1 or FT4 is high, I'll ask for T3 (tertroxin/cytomel) but only 5mcg as I understand it equates to about 20mcg of thyroxine. 
If my TSH is >1 or my FT4 is still in the low normal, I'll ask for another 25 mcg of thyroxine.

I do feel that improvements are still taking place and perhaps further down the line 50mcg might be enough. 

We'll see.  Next post should have some test results and dosage updates...

No comments:

Post a Comment